I really can’t believe I’ve had this site for so long and haven’t laid out my basic investing strategy and asset allocation. As of the writing of this post, just about all of my investing takes place in retirement accounts. Therefore, by default my timeline is very long. However even if this wasn’t the case, I prefer putting my money into stocks or funds that are solid and fundamentally sound. You won’t find me putting my money anywhere near some biotech stock rumored to have a drug getting FDA approval next week or any other random “hot” tips that I come across. If I wanted to gamble with my money I’d much prefer to hit the roulette tables. My Rules For Investing Invest only in things I understand: Meaning no companies in fringe or confusing industries, no overly complex Funds/ETF’s , no weird derivatives, swaps or whatever else so-called “pro’s” invest in. … Continue reading
Most Popular posts
- April 2013 Portfolio Review
- Do You Really Need A Financial Advisor?
- How To Invest Without A Lot Of Money
- Saving Half of My Income – Can It Be Done?
- Should You Buy Stock In the Company You Work For?
- Should I Contribute to a 401(k) With No Match?
- My Favorite Savings Account
- Peer to Peer (P2P) Lending Explained – Lending Club Review
- Five Dumb Ways To Spend Your Tax Refund
- The Government Wants To Limit Your Retirement Savings!