The million dollar portfolio challenge is in full swing over at cnbc.com and shockingly, I’m not winning! I’m playing two portfolios in the game and my best portfolio ranks in the 82nd percentile and officially in 118,677th place as of the end of trading Friday (10/14). From the $1,000,000 starting balance they give you my best portfolio now has $1,059,353 for a gain of 5.94%. Of the two portfolios this isn’t the one I expected to be performing the best. I’ll keep my specific holdings a secret for now, but I will say I hold 4 US stocks in this portfolio and hold one foreign currency. The stocks are actually performing very well for me, but I’m taking a beating in the forex trading. This is to be expected however, because I really had (have) no clue about currency trading as I mentioned in my original post on the game. … Continue reading
Get the Discover IT Card. No Annual Fee & Up To 5% Cash Back!
Join Over 10,000 Monthly Readers!
Free Wealth Management. Manage All Your Investments From One Place.
Personal Capital is the ultimate tool for managing your investments: Read My Personal Capital Review
Most Popular posts
- Should I Contribute to a 401(k) With No Match?
- Saving Half of My Income – Can It Be Done?
- Finding Your Financial Tipping Point
- How To Invest Without A Lot Of Money
- Saving Half of My Income – A Progress Report
- Buying An Engagement Ring Online – My Blue Nile Experience
- Conducting A Job Search While Still Employed
- Which Is Better – Spending Less or Earning More?
- Personal Capital – The Best Way To Manage Your Investments
- Do You Really Need A Financial Advisor?
Switch To Straight Talk For Unlimited Talk, Text & Data for $45/mo.
Read my post about making the switch: How To Save $700 By Switching To A Prepaid Smartphone
Tax Season is Here! Prepare Your Federal Return For FREE with Turbo Tax.