The million dollar portfolio challenge is in full swing over at cnbc.com and shockingly, I’m not winning! I’m playing two portfolios in the game and my best portfolio ranks in the 82nd percentile and officially in 118,677th place as of the end of trading Friday (10/14). From the $1,000,000 starting balance they give you my best portfolio now has $1,059,353 for a gain of 5.94%. Of the two portfolios this isn’t the one I expected to be performing the best. I’ll keep my specific holdings a secret for now, but I will say I hold 4 US stocks in this portfolio and hold one foreign currency. The stocks are actually performing very well for me, but I’m taking a beating in the forex trading. This is to be expected however, because I really had (have) no clue about currency trading as I mentioned in my original post on the game. … Continue reading
Most Popular posts
- How To Invest Without A Lot Of Money
- April 2013 Portfolio Review
- Do You Really Need A Financial Advisor?
- Should I Contribute to a 401(k) With No Match?
- Saving Half of My Income – Can It Be Done?
- Should You Buy Stock In the Company You Work For?
- The Government Wants To Limit Your Retirement Savings!
- My Favorite Savings Account
- How Often Do You Check On Your Investments?
- Five Dumb Ways To Spend Your Tax Refund