This week marks exactly one year since I officially closed on my first house. It’s been a whirlwind of a year and while it’s been a lot of fun, there have been many hard learned lessons taught to me along the way! To commemorate my one year anniversary as a homeowner, I thought I’d write a quick little post to share some of the lessons I’ve learned along the way… Don’t bite off more than you can chew - When looking for houses it’s easy to make a list of improvements and changes that you’d like to/need to change with the house if you bought it. Well, once you buy the house you actually have to do those things, and it’s never as easy as you thought it would be during your walk though! Know your limitations as a handyman and know your true appetite for taking on improvement projects. As soon … Continue reading
Get the Discover IT Card. No Annual Fee & Up To 5% Cash Back!
Join Over 10,000 Monthly Readers!
Free Wealth Management. Manage All Your Investments From One Place.
Personal Capital is the ultimate tool for managing your investments: Read My Personal Capital Review
Most Popular posts
- Buying An Engagement Ring Online – My Blue Nile Experience
- Saving Half of My Income – Can It Be Done?
- Should I Contribute to a 401(k) With No Match?
- How To Invest Without A Lot Of Money
- Finding Your Financial Tipping Point
- Facebook IPO: The Top 10 Shareholders
- Personal Capital – The Best Way To Manage Your Investments
- Do You Really Need A Financial Advisor?
- Saving Half of My Income – A Progress Report
- Conducting A Job Search While Still Employed
Switch To Straight Talk For Unlimited Talk, Text & Data for $45/mo.
Read my post about making the switch: How To Save $700 By Switching To A Prepaid Smartphone