Last week during the annual State of the Union address, President Obama laid out his case for raising the national minimum wage. He said: “…Today, a full-time worker making the minimum wage earns $14,500 a year. Even with the tax relief we’ve put in place, a family with two kids that earns the minimum wage still lives below the poverty line. That’s wrong. That’s why, since the last time this Congress raised the minimum wage, nineteen states have chosen to bump theirs even higher. Tonight, let’s declare that in the wealthiest nation on Earth, no one who works full-time should have to live in poverty, and raise the federal minimum wage to $9.00 an hour. This single step would raise the incomes of millions of working families…” Raising the minimum wage always sparks an intense debate. In the days since the State of the Union address I’ve seen numerous blog … Continue reading
Join Over 10,000 Monthly Readers!
Most Popular posts
- Should I Contribute to a 401(k) With No Match?
- Saving Half of My Income – A Progress Report
- How To Invest Without A Lot Of Money
- Saving Half of My Income – Can It Be Done?
- Conducting A Job Search While Still Employed
- Which Is Better – Spending Less or Earning More?
- Do You Really Need A Financial Advisor?
- Buying An Engagement Ring Online – My Blue Nile Experience
- Are Successful Women Relationship Killers?
- How To Invest In A Bull Market