Last week during the annual State of the Union address, President Obama laid out his case for raising the national minimum wage. He said: “…Today, a full-time worker making the minimum wage earns $14,500 a year. Even with the tax relief we’ve put in place, a family with two kids that earns the minimum wage still lives below the poverty line. That’s wrong. That’s why, since the last time this Congress raised the minimum wage, nineteen states have chosen to bump theirs even higher. Tonight, let’s declare that in the wealthiest nation on Earth, no one who works full-time should have to live in poverty, and raise the federal minimum wage to $9.00 an hour. This single step would raise the incomes of millions of working families…” Raising the minimum wage always sparks an intense debate. In the days since the State of the Union address I’ve seen numerous blog … Continue reading
Get the Discover IT Card. No Annual Fee & Up To 5% Cash Back!
Join Over 10,000 Monthly Readers!
Free Wealth Management. Manage All Your Investments From One Place.
Personal Capital is the ultimate tool for managing your investments: Read My Personal Capital Review
Most Popular posts
- Should I Contribute to a 401(k) With No Match?
- Saving Half of My Income – Can It Be Done?
- How To Invest Without A Lot Of Money
- Saving Half of My Income – A Progress Report
- Conducting A Job Search While Still Employed
- Buying An Engagement Ring Online – My Blue Nile Experience
- Finding Your Financial Tipping Point
- Which Is Better – Spending Less or Earning More?
- Do You Really Need A Financial Advisor?
- How You Could Have Turned $1000 into $264 Billion This Year
Switch To Straight Talk For Unlimited Talk, Text & Data for $45/mo.
Read my post about making the switch: How To Save $700 By Switching To A Prepaid Smartphone
Tax Season is Here! Prepare Your Federal Return For FREE with Turbo Tax.