The million dollar portfolio challenge is in full swing over at cnbc.com and shockingly, I’m not winning! I’m playing two portfolios in the game and my best portfolio ranks in the 82nd percentile and officially in 118,677th place as of the end of trading Friday (10/14). From the $1,000,000 starting balance they give you my best portfolio now has $1,059,353 for a gain of 5.94%. Of the two portfolios this isn’t the one I expected to be performing the best. I’ll keep my specific holdings a secret for now, but I will say I hold 4 US stocks in this portfolio and hold one foreign currency. The stocks are actually performing very well for me, but I’m taking a beating in the forex trading. This is to be expected however, because I really had (have) no clue about currency trading as I mentioned in my original post on the game. … Continue reading
Get the Discover IT Card. No Annual Fee & Up To 5% Cash Back!
Join Over 10,000 Monthly Readers!
Free Wealth Management. Manage All Your Investments From One Place.
Personal Capital is the ultimate tool for managing your investments: Read My Personal Capital Review
Most Popular posts
- Buying An Engagement Ring Online – My Blue Nile Experience
- Saving Half of My Income – Can It Be Done?
- Should I Contribute to a 401(k) With No Match?
- How To Invest Without A Lot Of Money
- Facebook IPO: The Top 10 Shareholders
- Finding Your Financial Tipping Point
- Do You Really Need A Financial Advisor?
- Personal Capital – The Best Way To Manage Your Investments
- Five Dumb Ways To Spend Your Tax Refund
- How To Save $700 By Switching To A Prepaid Smartphone
Switch To Straight Talk For Unlimited Talk, Text & Data for $45/mo.
Read my post about making the switch: How To Save $700 By Switching To A Prepaid Smartphone