Tax day is closing in fast. If you haven’t filed your tax return yet, well, what are you waiting for?! April 15th will be here before you know it. So decide if you’re going to be doing your taxes yourself, or if you’re better off hiring a tax pro. I filed my taxes weeks ago and am getting a refund from both the federal government and New York state for what seems like the first time (thank you mortgage interest deduction!). The average American received a tax refund of just over $2700 in 2012. Being the responsible finance blogger that I am, I gave you five dumb ways to go out and spend your refund check. Thankfully not everyone is irresponsible with their refunds. My friends at Green Dot have once again put together an awesome infographic that breaks down some interesting stats about who gets a refund, tax changes … Continue reading
Most Popular posts
- April 2013 Portfolio Review
- How To Invest Without A Lot Of Money
- Do You Really Need A Financial Advisor?
- Saving Half of My Income – Can It Be Done?
- Should I Contribute to a 401(k) With No Match?
- Should You Buy Stock In the Company You Work For?
- My Favorite Savings Account
- The Government Wants To Limit Your Retirement Savings!
- Five Dumb Ways To Spend Your Tax Refund
- Peer to Peer (P2P) Lending Explained – Lending Club Review