I filed my taxes this weekend, and like the majority of Americans I’ll be getting a refund from Uncle Sam. In 2012 the average tax refund was around $2900. You may remember that I’m not a fan of getting a big tax refund, and my refund this year is well below that average. Even still, I haven’t gotten a tax refund in a few years and it is exciting to consider the possibilities of what can be done with that money. I could drone on and on about how you should pay down your debt, build up an emergency fund or invest your tax refund. But what fun is that?! Instead, let’s look at the dumbest ways to spend your refund check! 1. Throw a Party – Believe it or not, I had a friend who did this. He threw a huge party after getting his check and spent it … Continue reading
Join Over 10,000 Monthly Readers!
Most Popular posts
- Should I Contribute to a 401(k) With No Match?
- Saving Half of My Income – A Progress Report
- How To Invest Without A Lot Of Money
- Saving Half of My Income – Can It Be Done?
- Conducting A Job Search While Still Employed
- Which Is Better – Spending Less or Earning More?
- Do You Really Need A Financial Advisor?
- Buying An Engagement Ring Online – My Blue Nile Experience
- Are Successful Women Relationship Killers?
- How To Invest In A Bull Market