I filed my taxes this weekend, and like the majority of Americans I’ll be getting a refund from Uncle Sam. In 2012 the average tax refund was around $2900. You may remember that I’m not a fan of getting a big tax refund, and my refund this year is well below that average. Even still, I haven’t gotten a tax refund in a few years and it is exciting to consider the possibilities of what can be done with that money. I could drone on and on about how you should pay down your debt, build up an emergency fund or invest your tax refund. But what fun is that?! Instead, let’s look at the dumbest ways to spend your refund check! 1. Throw a Party – Believe it or not, I had a friend who did this. He threw a huge party after getting his check and spent it … Continue reading
Most Popular posts
- How To Invest Without A Lot Of Money
- April 2013 Portfolio Review
- Do You Really Need A Financial Advisor?
- Should I Contribute to a 401(k) With No Match?
- Saving Half of My Income – Can It Be Done?
- Should You Buy Stock In the Company You Work For?
- The Government Wants To Limit Your Retirement Savings!
- My Favorite Savings Account
- What To Do With A Pay Raise
- How Often Do You Check On Your Investments?